Low Voltage Technician Apprentice
Absco Solutions is the premier facility vulnerability expert in fire life-safety, security and technology field with offices in Lynnwood and Spokane Washington and Beaverton Oregon. We have top-tier partnerships in our industry with a solid reputation of excellence among our clients, vendors and competitors. Join our effective team and be a part of our 40-year success story in a caring, supportive and progressive organization. Absco has a strong culture and we value curiosity, drive, ethics, respectfulness and accountability.
We’re looking for people pursuing long-term careers in the area of the low voltage electrical field. We have an exceptional, experienced team to assist you in mastering your skills, with great growth opportunity. If you are ready to use your experience, passion for excellence and love for technology to move your career forward, take a look at the following preferred skills and requirements to see if you’ve got what it takes to join the Absco Team!
As a low voltage apprentice technician, you will assist with project site installation and service of security, access control, fire alarm, video surveillance and integration technology while you’re learning the trade of low voltage electrical journey technician. You will work directly with journey technicians as you learn new skills and acquire hours to test and become licensed EL06 Journey technicians. Technicians are responsible for day to day operations on the job site and include staging and performing daily work and communicating project status to Field Supervisors. This position is based out of our Lynnwood Washington office but work assignments will cover the greater Puget Sound region. Some additional travel may be required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Valid State driver license
- Clear driving record and ability to be covered by company auto insurance
- Ability to pass background check
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Team player
- Desire to learn a new career
- Knowledge of electrical systems preferred
- Experience with power tools preferred
- Comfortable working from heights
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary
- Paid-time-off plan
- Holiday pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Simple IRA retirement saving plan
- Short/Long term disability
- Eligible for technical training and factory certifications provided by the company
- Quarterly team activities
- Community volunteer program
- Company transportation
- Professional development plan for Journey Technician license
- Specialty certification programs
If you’re interested please click HERE.
Absco Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Get a complimentary security consultation for your facility.