IT Systems Field Specialist
Absco Solutions is a rapidly growing, fast-paced, fire life-safety, security, and technology group, and we’re looking to add to our team. We have top-tier partnerships in our industry, and we’re known for the successful delivery and execution of the work we perform. If you are ready to use your skills, passion for excellence, and love for technology to move your career forward, take a look at the following requirements and see if you’ve got what it takes to join the Absco Team!
We’re looking for people pursuing long-term careers in IT. We have an outstanding team to assist you in coming up to speed on our network design, system integration, and support requirements, with a great growth path opportunity. Join our IT team as the IT Systems Field Technician and be part of our success story.
This role requires a highly skilled and technical individual within the Information Technology and Infrastructure areas. They will ensure Absco’s: expertise, reputation, and ability to provide IT solutions to external and internal customers. The position provides IT, technical and customer support for Absco for the Lynnwood, WA, Fife, WA, and Beaverton, OR office locations. This position reports directly to the Lynnwood Field Operations Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
- IT Operations and support
- Become a subject matter expert on Absco specific application support including such systems as video surveillance, access control, intrusion, and Ethernet communicators.
- Obtain factory certification on Absco supported systems.
- Provide on-site and remote IT customer support for system installations and integration requirements on-site and remotely utilizing SQL, Server, and IP networking skills.
- Support the field technicians with pre/job deployment of IT equipment.
- Participate in the implementation and maintenance of IT products as directed.
- Troubleshoot IT-related issues for both hardware and software needs.
- Interface with vendors to troubleshoot equipment, firmware, and software issues
- IT Systems Design
- Attend sales walks with the Absco Sales Team and provide IT knowledge on system design.
- Provide customer training on Absco Supported products
- Enhance our learning management system by updating training for both internal and external users.
- Strong general knowledge which includes architecture and ability to configure IP networking protocols and security
- Support Sales Team in responding to pricing referrals and designing, specifying, and quoting systems
- Collaborate with the Technical Support team in providing post-sales support to customers
- IT Operations and support
Qualifications and Skills
- Effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Traveling to various locations to resolve issues on site.
- Experience with Windows, Windows Server, SQL Server and networking platforms.
- Uses troubleshooting, logical processing, and problem-solving skills to resolve hardware, software, and network issues.
- SQL query writing experience and IT certifications desired.
- Expert at consultation, design, implementation, training, and services for external and internal customers within the IT area
- Has Experience with providing clear and precise training.
- Has the ability to obtain approved factory training certifications relevant to the low voltage, life-safety, or security industry.
Benefits and Perks
- Technology package including laptop and company phone
- Compensation $30-40 per hour DOE, skill-sets, certifications, etc.
- Paid-time-off plan / Holiday pay / Short & Long term disability
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Simple IRA retirement savings plan
- Quarterly team activities
- Professional development plans
If you’re interested, please click HERE.
Absco Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Get a complimentary security consultation for your facility.